Saturday, July 2, 2011

Guest Post: Amy's Prayer Warrior Journey, Vol. 4


Here are links for Vol. 1, and Vol. 2., and Vol. 3

When Trials Come.....

This past week was a difficult week emotionally.  First, my girls and I were in a car accident.  Everybody involved was fine, our insurance will cover the repairs, and my girls recovered quickly from the scare.  We had to talk about it many times in order for them to process, but it did allow us the opportunity to praise Jesus for keeping all involved safe.
Second, my grandma, who is 96, is slowly passing away.  It is very difficult on my mom, who is basically the only child to really help my grandma, out of the four total children.  I talk with my mom daily and I know the loss is weighing on her.  I simply don't know how to help or what to say. I feel the loss too. My grandma was so important in my life.  She and my mom were the ones who led me to Christ and taught me how to live as a Christian.  My grandma never had much all of her life, but she was the most positive, joyful person I have ever met.  It is difficult to say goodbye.
Then, my husband got some news that left him feeling extremely saddened and emotional.  He needed support, patience, and understanding.  

All of this, added to my everyday stress of keeping up the house, caring for the kids--one who follows me everywhere--and trying to prepare for my part-time summer job, left me exhausted. 
.....He Is My Comfort, My Strength

My comfort and help came from the Lord.  Not to say that I handled all of the above situations appropriately at all times.  But, I am thankful for my relationship with Jesus, which grows and develops so much through my times of prayer.  I am thankful I have Him to go to for forgiveness, comfort, understanding, and strength.

1 comment:

Christine said...

Praying that our Father continues to lift you up this week! Praying for your mom, grandma, husband and your girls this week, also. Thank you for sharing your heart!