Monday, January 20, 2014

Baked Potato Soup


For the love of soup, here's that recipe I've been wanting to share.

Baked Potato Soup

Ingredients

- 6 large russets (4 pounds) peeled and cubed

- 1 large onion, chopped

- 3 (14 oz) cans chicken broth with roasted garlic. Or add four cloves garlic, halved, then remove before mashing. I don't mess with trying to get garlic halves out of the soup. I just add 1 tsp. jarred refrigerated garlic to the soup, and leave it in.

- 1/4 c. butter

- 2 tsp. salt

- 1 tsp. pepper

- 1 cup milk (I use 1% milk, but any type would be fine I'm sure.)

- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar (we use colby jack cheese)

- 3 T fresh parsley (or use 1 to 1 1/2 T dried parsley)

- 8 oz sour cream (I use light sour cream.)

- 4 bacon slices (I put this on the side, as I don't personally want the calories from bacon)

Directions

- Put first six ingredients in large soup pot (potatoes, onion, chicken broth, butter, salt, pepper). Cook until potatoes are tender.

- Turn off burner. Mash mixture until potatoes are coarsely chopped and soup is slightly thickened. Stir in milk, cheese, and parsley. Wait about 3 minutes to add the sour cream, to avoid separation.

- Sprinkle with bacon and extra cheese, if desired.

This soup is so yummy. Enjoy!

Spring Tips {Welcome Home Wednesday Homemaking Link Up on Raising Arrows}

2 comments:

Amber said...

Sounds yummy! And easy, I like easy!
I love potato soup but have never made it. My mom makes it still and I always snag some of hers.

Thanks for sharing!

As He Leads is Joy said...

Soup is a favorite here. I don't make potato often -- tonight was split pea soup.