Thursday, August 14, 2014

Thankful Thursday Kids' Addition


Psalm 92:1-2 It is a good thing to give thanks unto the LORD, and to sing praises unto thy name, O most High: To shew forth thy loving kindness in the morning, and thy faithfulness every night,

Beth, age 5

~ being a ballerina
~ my family
~ the flowers
~ for God
~ for the beautiful sky
~ for Christmas
~ for my dolls
~ I'm thankful for what God made outside
~ for my big brother Paul
~ that God made me
~ for shoes
~ for food because it keeps us living
~ for the bugs
~ for the frogs
~ for the Mercy Me song "Shake" and the newer song "Greater" also by Mercy Me (because we are wild dancing fools here...even Mommy)
~ for worms because they help our plants grow

Mary, age 7

~ for the Yukon
~ for fine, fresh cool weather this morning
~ for clothing
~ for the bugs
~ for the snakes
~ for Clover who croaks at me (my favorite toad that I keep finding in my yard over and over)
~ for the grasshoppers
~ for the flowers (marigolds, dandelions, sunflowers, lilies, goldenrod, morning glories)

Paul, age 10

~ for football tickets
~ that I won the library drawing for the summer reading program and got baseball tickets
~ for my little sister Beth
~ for playing games
~ for a pretty day
~ that my arm cast isn't as bad as I thought it would be (broke his wrist yesterday morning playing Revolutionary War battles)
~ for our Hot Wheels and Geo Trax train toys 
~ for our stuffed animals and the games we play with them
~ that I'm a Christian

Peter, age 12

~ for God and his trees
~ for the camera
~ for my corn
~ the marigolds
~ the sunflowers
~ the squash
~ the cucumbers
~ the purple morning glories

"For each new morning with its light, For rest and shelter of the night, For health and food, for love and friends, For everything Thy goodness sends."-Ralph Waldo Emerson


No comments: