Sunday, March 15, 2015

Dance and Be Joy, My Daughter


Psalm 45:13 All glorious is the princess in her chamber, with robes interwoven with gold.

You are a miracle, do you know that? God planned you. Before you were knitted in your mother's womb, he knew you. He cherishes you, no matter where you've been, no matter what you've done, no matter where you are now. He loves you and marvels at you and wants you for His daughter.

You, my beautiful friend, are a daughter of the King.

Isaiah 61:10 I delight greatly in the LORD; my soul rejoices in my God. For he has clothed me with garments of salvation and arrayed me in a robe of his righteousness, as a bridegroom adorns his head like a priest, and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.

I want you to dance around and wear that. I want you to look in the mirror and see the wonder that is you, created by Him. He wanted you and chose you.




Do you look around at this big world and feel insignificant, like no one cares about your comings and goings or the sorrows of your heart?

Lies...all lies, put there by the enemy.

As you wash the sticky floor, fold socks for the one millionth time, put a meal on the table for the third time today, weary and hoping no one complains, I want you to feel like you're serving your King--a grateful daughter smiling her joy at being His.

He knows every cell of you. He reads your very heart and soul

He knows your weariness, your challenges, your fears and doubts. You are never alone in any of it, even if the room is empty of well-wishers. Even if the bank account and the gas tank and the refrigerator are running low and your favorite sweater that lasted for years, now sports a hole and you have nothing decent to put on for church tomorrow.

Your significance doesn't depend on what's stored up or what's on the outside. Your significance comes from being chosen as His.

The Lord of Lords, the Almighty God, the King of Kings, Emmanual, El Shaddei,YahwehElohim, Father. He chose you.

You are His. Let your significance be this: Daughter of the King, dearly loved, wholly cherished.

You don't have to worry about making your mark in this world. You don't have to worry about success or significance. You can be as a child...wonderous, free, simple, innocent.

Your Daddy watches over you, loving you, and you are free. Dance in the wonder of that truth. Dance in the glory of that truth.



Dance and be joy and let His glory shine right through you. 

Have you ever seen a little girl dance in all delight and abandon, fearing nothing and singing into her pretend microphone like the King himself is listening to her beautiful song? Her up on that pretend stage, letting all the passion flow?

Be joy and be passion. Live like a Daughter of the King pure and simple, brimming with His love.

Images: here, here, here

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. The lie about being worthless and being nobody is something I find crops up again and again (as soon as I let the world start to creep in). But Jesus came for the nobodies and the more of a sense of self importance I have, the less room there is for Him. So then I smile at being nobody because, as you say, I'm the daughter of the King of Kings. I'm a beggar and He puts a crown on my head! Who wouldn't want to serve a King like this? How blessed we are!
Praying for you.